The coconut fruit is harvested from the coconut tree, (which lives for 70 years), producing thousands of coconuts. The white flesh of the fruit is the coconut meat, which is the edible endosperm, located on the inner surface of the shell. Inside the endosperm layer, coconuts contain an edible clear liquid that is sweet or salty or both.
The coconut provides a nutritious source of cococut meat, juice, milk, and oil that has fed and nourished populations around the world for generations. On many islands coconut is a staple in the diet and provides the majority of the food eaten. Nearly one third of the world's population depends on coconut to some degree for their food. Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is classified as a "functional food" because it provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content.
1. Coconut assimilates well with Apricots, bananas, pineapples, oranges, and various fruits.
2. Coconut gives an added taste to chicken, shellfish, rice, Asian foods and legumes.
3. Coconut is a favorite in cookies, cakes and toppings.
4. For added flavor, add to bread, muffins, baked goods and desserts.
5. Contains no sugar or propylene glycol (an agent to retain moisture).
6. Use as a garnish for baked goods, trail mixes, granola and fruit salad.
Country of Origin: Phillipines
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles wheat, soy, peanuts and tree nuts.
Ingredients: Organic Unsulphured, Unsweetened, Medium Shredded Coconut.
Posted by Judy on 24th Jul 2013
This coconut toasts beautifully and tops our nightly desserts...YUM!
Posted by Karen on 7th Aug 2012
Great for snacking. It also workz great in my strawberry marzipan cookies.
All prices are in USD