Characterized by its distinctive, nutty fragrance and long and slender shape, SHILOH FARMS Basmati Brown Rice delivers whole grain goodness with an exotic flair! A traditional element of Indian, South Asian, and Middle Eastern cuisines, aromatic basmati rice would be equally delightful in pilafs, stir fries, casseroles, salads, or any other dish calling for rice.
Longer than most other types of rice, basmati grains lengthen even further during the cooking process. Cooked grains are characteristically free flowing (rather than sticky), resulting in a drier, fluffy texture.
To Cook: Sort and rinse. Add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 45 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender to your satisfaction. Remove from heat and let stand for several minutes before fluffing with a fork to finish. 1 cup of uncooked rice plus 2 cups of water will yield about 3 cups of cooked rice.
• Basmati holds on to more starch than other rice. Because of this, it should be rinsed several times - the goal is to rinse the rice until the water is no longer cloudy.
• For optimal results, leave the lid on and do not stir during the cooking process.
1. Flour made from brown rice is an excellent substitute for people on low gluten or gluten-free diets.
2. For added flavor, cook rice in broth or stock instead of water.
3. Cook rice with coconut milk, spices, and sweetener for an exotic twist on rice pudding.
4. Basmati rice is used in a wide range of Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. The rice works especially well when flavored with a small amount of saffron and served alongside curries.
5. Use in stir-fried rice dishes for added flavor.
6. Substitute for regular brown or white rice in soups, stews, salads, or pilafs.
7. Once cooked, rice can be frozen for quick and easy use.
Storage: Rice contains natural oils and is best stored in glass jars in a refrigerator or freezer to prevent oxidation.
45g or more of Whole Grain per serving
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a wheat-free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Whole Grain Long Grain Brown Basmati Rice
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD