Hearty Whole Grain Cereal Bake with Almonds
Makes 6-8 servings
There are few things better than having a hot, hearty breakfast to look forward to on a chilly morning. This Whole Grain Cereal Bake can easily be made up ahead of time, so that you can enjoy a wholesome start to each and every day!
3 cups SHILOH FARMS Whole Grain Cereal (we use a mix of wheat, spelt, & barley)
¾ cup SHILOH FARMS Maple Sugar
½ cup SHILOH FARMS Sliced Almonds
½ cup SHILOH FARMS Wild Blueberries (or dried fruit of choice)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (through salt) and stir to incorporate
3. In separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter, and applesauce; add to dry ingredients and mix well
4. Spoon mixture into greased 9x9 baking dish; bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly; serve warm, topped with milk or yogurt
1. When it comes to which cereals to use, feel free to mix it up depending on what you have on hand. This would be equally good with rolled oats, rice flakes, or even rye flakes.
2. Substitute blueberries with golden raisins, cranberries, or chopped bing cherries.
3. Add coconut and chocolate chips in place of the fruit for something a little different.
All prices are in USD