Wild Rice Stuffing with Figs
Yields 6-8 servings
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & diced into ½" pieces
1½ C. Shiloh Farms Organic Wild Rice, sorted & rinsed
24 Shiloh Farms Organic Black Mission Figs, stems removed & diced into ¼" pieces
½ C. Shiloh Farms Organic Pine Nuts, toasted
2 Tbsp. butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried thyme
Shiloh Farms Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°
2. On stovetop, bring large pot of water to a boil with 1 tsp. salt; add wild rice, reduce heat, and simmer 40-50 minutes, or until rice has started to swell open and is tender
3. While rice is cooking, toss sweet potatoes with oil and pinch of salt on rimmed baking sheet; once oven is preheated, roast potatoes 10-15 minutes, or until just tender, then set aside
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in small pan; add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute
5. Remove garlic butter from heat and stir in thyme; set aside
6. Once wild rice has reached desired tenderness, remove from heat and drain
7. Combine all ingredients in large serving bowl and toss to combine; taste and adjust seasoning as needed
1. Chop an apple and roast alongside the sweet potatoes for added sweetness.
2. Try substituting raisins, cranberries, or sour red cherries for the figs.
3. Use roasted butternut squash in place of sweet potatoes.
4. Toasted and chopped pecans or walnuts can be subbed for pine nuts.
All prices are in USD