PURELIVING Organic Sprouted Buckwheat has a big secret: despite its name, it isn't related to wheat at all and technically isn't even a grain! Instead, this distinctively shaped seed is a pseudocereal rich in vitamins, minerals, and complex carbohydrates.
A natural process for preserving the many wonders of new life, sprouting increases the bioavailability of key nutrients in the whole grain and simplifies their absorption by the body for energy and nourishment! Learn more about sprouting here.
Cooking Directions: Sort and rinse. Add 1 cup Sprouted Buckwheat to 2 cups boiling water or stock. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-25 minutes, or until grain is tender and liquid is absorbed.
1. Dress up cooked buckwheat with lots of browned onions and a bit of parsley or dill.
2. Add to soups, stews, casseroles, or whole grain pilafs.
3. Mix with vegetables and herbs for a hearty filling for stuffed peppers or stuffed cabbage.
4. Use buckwheat as a substitute for rice or bulgur.
5. Cook in milk or fruit juice for a tasty hot cereal. Finish with your choice of sweeteners, dried fruits, or nuts.
Visit PureLivingOrganic.com for more recipes and ideas!
CERTIFIED ORGANIC by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
CERTIFIED KOSHER by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.kof-k.org)
40g or more of Whole Grains per serving
These grains have been sprouted and dried at low temperatures (65-110°) to maintain enzymes, vitamins and minerals. As such, PURELIVING Sprouted Buckwheat is considered a raw product.
Packaged in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, and tree nuts.
Country of Origin: Canada
Ingredients: Organic Whole Grain Sprouted Buckwheat Groats
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD