SHILOH FARMS Adzuki Beans are small, dark red beans with a distinctive white ridge along one side. They have a nutty, sweet flavor, making them a versatile addition to both sweet and savory dishes. A rich source of protein, fiber, and minerals, adzuki beans are particulary high in iron, magnesium, and folic acid.
Native to East Asia and the Himalayas, adzuki beans are thought to have been first cultivated over 6,000 years ago! They are still widely grown throughout the region, where they are a staple of local cuisines and frequently used in cakes, sweet buns, and desserts.
To Cook: Sort and rinse. Add 1 part beans to 2 parts water and soak overnight. Drain well, then cover beans with fresh water or stock (again at 1:2 ratio). Bring to a boil, reduce, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until soft.
1. Adzuki beans are usually cooked to a soft consistency, sweetened, and then turned into a paste that can be used as a filling for pastries and desserts.
2. Commonly cooked with rice, their bright red color tinting the rice an attractive pink.
3. Try combining them with amaranth, millet, or quinoa.
4. Grind into a flour to be added to breads, cookies, and other baked goods.
5. Tossed into green salads or add to marinated bean salads.
6. Use them in soups and stews.
7. Balance their natural sweetness with soy sauce, ginger, or miso.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Gluten Free Statement: This product is naturally gluten free and has been packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility. However, we do not test or certify this product at this time. If gluten free, please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Adzuki Beans
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD