Vegetarian Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
Yields 6 servings
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
15.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes (undrained)
2 C. vegetable broth
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. cumin
2 tsp. Shiloh Farms Organic Cocoa Powder
¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. Shiloh Farms Himalayan Pink Salt, or to taste
½ tsp. black pepper, or to taste
2 C. Shiloh Farms Organic Black Turtle Beans or PureLiving Organic Sprouted Black Beans, cooked
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
Optional toppings: plain yogurt or sour cream; shredded cheese; chopped cilantro
1. Optional: In a skillet, sauté onion and pepper until onion is translucent; add garlic and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes
2. In 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine vegetables, tomatoes (with juice), broth, and spices; stir well to fully incorporate
3. Add beans and sweet potatoes; stir to combine
4. Cover and cook on low until sweet potatoes are tender and chili has thickened, approximately 7-8 hours (or 4-5 hours on high)
5. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed; serve with yogurt, cheese, and cilantro or other desired toppings
Other Serving Suggestions:
• Serve over rice, quinoa, or your favorite grain.
• For something a little lighter, spoon over spinach or salad greens.
• Pairs great with cornbread or our PureLiving Sprouted Cheddar & Chive Scones.
• Try a few of our other topping ideas: pumpkin or sunflower seeds (for crunch), lime wedges (for acidity), or (if not vegetarian) shredded rotisserie chicken or crumbled bacon.
All prices are in USD