Naturally gluten free and nutrient-rich, SHILOH FARMS Organic Quinoa Flakes have a delicately sweet, slightly nutty flavor. Excellent as a nourishing hot cereal, quinoa flakes can also be substituted for oats, breadcrumbs, and even flour, giving your favorite recipes a wholesome, healthy boost!
In addition to its versatility and great taste, this ancient grain also provides a rich and balanced source of vital nutrients. The highest in protein of all the grains, quinoa is low in sodium, contains 10 essential amino acids, and is an excellent source of calcium, iron, and fiber.
Nutritious, tasty, and easy-to-digest, quinoa flakes are a great option for children and those on restricted diets.
To Cook: Stir 2/3 cup of flakes into 2 cups of boiling water or milk and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 3 minutes before serving. If you desire a thicker cereal, cook several minutes longer.
1. Add raisins, cranberries, or other dried fruits to the flakes as they are cooking. The fruits will plump and help to sweeten the cereal.
2. Sweeten with honey, maple syrup, or your favorite natural sweetener; finish with toasted nuts.
3. Try cooking in apple juice or another fruit juice for natural sweetness.
4. Substitute up to ½ cup flakes for flour in quick breads or muffins.
5. Replace up to ½ the flour in pancakes with flakes.
6. Give a protein boost to cookies, breads, or other baked goods.
7. Make a delicious crumble topping for pies and fruit crisps.
8. Use flakes instead of bread crumbs in casseroles or breadings for fish, chicken, or vegetables.
9. Use in vegetarian burgers, or add for substance to hamburgers or meat loaf.
10. Thicken soups, stews, sauces, & gravies.
Storage: Due to the relatively high oil and fat content of quinoa, flakes should be stored in a cool, dry place. To extend their shelf life, quinoa flakes are best stored in glass jars in the refrigerator.
34g or more of Whole Grain per serving
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
This product was packaged in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, and tree nuts.
Country of Origin: Bolivia
Ingredients: Organic Whole Grain Quinoa, rolled into flakes
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD