Tiny but mighty, PURELIVING Organic Sprouted Millet is an excellent source of fiber, protein, and an array of vital nutrients. Exceptionally versatile, millet is considered one of the least-allergenic and most easily-digestible grains, making it a welcome addition to any diet!
A natural process for preserving the many wonders of new life, sprouting increases the bioavailability of key nutrients in the whole grain and simplifies their absorption by the body for energy and nourishment! Learn more about sprouting here.
Cooking Directions: Sort and rinse. Bring 3 cups water or stock and 1 cup Sprouted Millet to a boil. Cover, reduce, and simmer 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
1. The flavor of millet is enhanced by lightly roasting the grains before cooking. In a dry pan over medium heat, stir the grains constantly for approximately three minutes, or until a mild, nutty aroma is detected, then proceed with cooking directions as usual.
2. A delicious hot cereal, millet can also be used in a variety of casseroles, breads, soups, stews, soufflés, pilaf, and stuffing.
3. It can be used in place of rice as a side dish with sautéed vegetables or beans.
4. The grain mixes well with any seasoning or herbs that are commonly used in rice dishes.
5. For interesting taste and texture variations, it may be combined with quinoa and brown or basmati rice.
Visit PureLivingOrganic.com for more recipes and ideas!
CERTIFIED ORGANIC by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
CERTIFIED KOSHER by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.kof-k.org)
45g or more of Whole Grains per serving
These grains have been sprouted and dried at low temperatures (65-110°) to maintain enzymes, vitamins and minerals. As such, PURELIVING Sprouted Millet is considered a raw product.
Packaged in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, and tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Whole Grain Sprouted Millet
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD