With their assertive, earthy flavor and meaty texture, PURELIVING Organic Sprouted Garbanzo Beans are used to being the center of attention. But they're just as comfortable playing a supporting role as a protein- and fiber-rich base for stews, chilis, casseroles, and so much more!
A natural process for preserving the many wonders of new life, sprouting increases the bioavailability of key nutrients in the whole bean and simplifies their absorption by the body for energy and nourishment! Learn more about sprouting here.
Cooking Directions: Sort and rinse. Cover with water and soak overnight. Drain, then bring 2 cups fresh water and 1 cup Sprouted Garbanzo Beans to a boil. Reduce and simmer 1½-2 hours, or until tender. Drain, season to taste, and serve.
1. Blend cooked garbanzo beans with oil, herbs, and spices in a food processor for homemade hummus; serve with pitas.
2. Toss a handful of cooked garbanzo beans into fresh green salads, pasta salads, or grain salads.
3. For a simple side dish, combine with fluffy grains such as quinoa, couscous, or millet.
4. Whole cooked garbanzo beans are an excellent addition to soups and stews; pureed, they can be used as a thickener.
5. Toss dried garbanzo beans with a little oil and spices, then roast in the oven for a delicious, crunchy snack.
6. Dried garbanzo beans can be ground into a flour and added to baked goods for a protein boost.
Visit PureLivingOrganic.com for more recipes and ideas!
CERTIFIED ORGANIC by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
CERTIFIED KOSHER by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.kof-k.org)
These beans have been sprouted and dried at low temperatures (65-110°) to maintain enzymes, vitamins and minerals. As such, PURELIVING Sprouted Garbanzo Beans are considered a raw product.
Packaged in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, and tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Sprouted Garbanzo Beans
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD