These Organic Soy Flakes provide a convenient way to benefit from the nutritional qualities of Soybeans without the long soaking and cooking required for whole soybeans. The soybeans are toasted with infra-red heat, split and rolled into flakes. Their mild flavor is a compliment to any cuisine.
To cook: Add 1 part of Soy Flakes to 2-1/2 parts of boiling water. Simmer about 30 to 40 minutes or until water is absorbed. The volume of Soy Flakes will double when cooked.
1. Soy Flakes may be cooked with grains, such as rice or barley. This will boost the protein usability of the grains enormously.
2. Cooked Soy Flakes give a meaty texture and adds protein to stews, soups and chilies.
3. Substitute cooked Soy Flakes for mashed whole soybeans in soyburgers.
4. Try combining Soy Flakes with hearty whole grain noodles and top with steamed or sauteed fresh vegetables. Season with natural soy sauce.
5. Use Soy Flakes in tandem with grains such as bulgur as an excellent stuffing for squash, peppers or tomatoes.
Country of Origin: USA
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles wheat, soy, peanuts and tree nuts.
Ingredients: Organic Whole Soybeans (rolled).