American Native Pecans grow naturally in the rich river bottom soils of Missouri, the Northernmost region of pecan production. Although slightly smaller than pecans grown in the south, the unique sweetness and higher oil content of these pecans result in extremely flavorful nutmeats preferred by many. Pecans are loaded with antioxidants and more than 19 vitamins and minerals including vitamin E. Over 90% of the fat found in pecans is unsaturated, and they’re cholesterol-free. Pecans are naturally sodium-free. Research has shown people who eat pecans feel fuller longer. Pecans provide that long-lasting energy because they contain heart-healthy mono and polyunsaturated fats. Plus, a handful of pecan halves contain the same amount of fiber as a medium-sized apple.
HOW TO ROAST NUTS: Roasted nuts have a fuller flavor compared to raw dried nuts but they have a shorter shelf life, so plan to use them within two to three weeks. Spread shelled nuts in a shallow pan and bake in a 350° oven for 5 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nutmeats turn golden brown. For richer flavor and more even browning, toss each cup of nutmeats with one teaspoon of vegetable oil before roasting.
1. You can also roast nutmeats on top of the range in a heavy skillet. Heat for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned, stirring frequently Note: nuts continue to brown slightly after removing from heat Sprinkle hot nuts with salt or other flavorings, if desired, and spread on paper towels to cool and drain.
2. Bring about 20 pecan halves to work to snack on throughout the day.
3. Substitute pecans for a candy bar when you’re looking for an afternoon pick-me-up.
4. Sprinkle pecans on top of your yogurt and you'll get more zinc and vitamin E - important nutrients for proper growth and strong immunity.
5. A delicious versatile nut that complements casseroles, stuffings, fruit salads and snack mixes.
Country of Origin: USA
Due to the nature of shelled products, some shell pieces may remain attached to the nuts. Please check before eating.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles wheat, soy, peanuts and tree nuts
Ingredients: Organic Raw Native American Pecan Halves.
Posted by Bob on 13th Feb 2014
These smaller pecans are the best tasting. I will be ordering over & over.
Posted by Clymene Rudder on 14th Sep 2013
These are the best pecans that i have ever had.
They are a delicious snack out of hand, and as is the case with (organic, raw) nuts in geral, pecans are excellent for one's health. an added bonus is that they are from the USA! This fact is very important to me. These pecans are great on salads, with fruit, and as a snack on their own. I highly recommend Shiloh Farms American native organic Pecans!
Posted by Unknown on 24th Jun 2012
Excellent quality. Its very important to my family that we use products from the United States.
All prices are in USD.