Wheat berries are whole wheat kernels that have a slightly sweet, nutty taste with a chewy texture. They are loaded with nutrients and have a high protein content. Wheat Berries ground into flour makes an excellent bread flour.
To Cook: Sort, rinse and add 1 part of grain to 4 parts of boiling water. Soaking first overnight will reduce your cooking time. Cover and simmer until tender, about 1 to 2 hours. Hard wheat berries in general are higher in gluten and have a particularly tough bran that takes some time to soften. Yields about 2½ cups cooked grain.
1. Cook wheat berries ahead of time even if you are adding them to soups, chilis, salads, stews and your favorite dishes.
2. Wheat berries nutty flavor are great with fresh vegetables and dried fruits such as cherries or cranberries.
3. Add a handful of cooked wheat berries to bread doughs for texture and nutty flavor.
4. Marinate cooked wheat berries and toss into green salads.
5. Combine cooked wheat berries and black beans. Add lots of sauteed onions and garlic and season with soy sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley.
6. Add cooked wheat berries to other cooked grains for a chewy and flavorful taste.
7. One fun way to eat wheat berries is to pop them like popcorn. They're small, so the grains mostly just crack rather than pop. You need to first partially cook the wheat berries to soften them before placing them in a hot pan. After seasoning them with some sea salt, they are nonetheless downright lip-smackingly tasty to nibble on. They are also a great addition to salads.
Country of Origin: USA
47g or more of Whole Grain per serving.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles wheat, soy, peanuts and tree nuts.
Ingredients: Organic Whole Grain Hard Red Winter Berries.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD.