7 pounds of firm, white-fleshed Non-GMO potatoes are cooked, dried, and carefully milled to produce just 1 pound of SHILOH FARMS Potato Flour. The result is a versatile grain-free alternative flour with wide-ranging applications from deliciously moist baked goods to smooth, thick-bodied soups and stews.
Dense, highly absorbant, and with a distinct flavor, potato flour is best used in combination with other flours in baking. Because the starch in this fine, white flour attracts and holds water, it helps to extend shelf life and produces exceptionally soft, moist breads, rolls, and other baked goods.
Potatoes have been a staple crop in cultures around the world for thousands of years. Most often recognized for their carbohydrate content, they are an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, iron, and potassium, among other vital nutrients.
Usage: For general baking, replace up to 1/4 of any wheat flour in a recipe (1/6 in yeast-risen recipes), or substitute 5/8 cup potato flour for every 1 cup all-purpose flour. We recommend whisking flours together before adding liquid; if potato flour is added directly to liquid, it is likely to form clumps. Potato flour is highly absorbant and may require adjusting the amount of liquid in your recipe.
1. Make soft, delicate potato breads or rolls.
2. Even just a small amount (around 1 teaspoon) added to cakes, quickbreads, and other baked goods can improve texture and moistness.
3. Add a little to pancake and waffle batters.
4. Thicken soups, stews, gravies, or sauces by substituting 1 Tbsp. of potato flour for every 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour. For best results, cream with a little shortening before adding to liquids.
5. Replace cornmeal or flour in breadings for fish or poultry.
6. Use as a binder in meatloaf, meatballs, hamburgers, or veggie burgers.
7. Enhance the flavor in potato-based recipes by adding a little potato flour to the mix.
Gluten Free Statement: This product is naturally gluten free and has been packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility. However, we do not test or certify this product at this time. If gluten free, please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Finely Milled White-Flesh Potatoes (Non-GMO)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD