Choice organic whole oats are steamed and rolled into SHILOH FARMS Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. With their pleasant texture and mild, nutty flavor, rolled oats are a healthy and versatile addition to many recipes.
Oats are a great source of fiber and complex carbohydrates, which will leave you feeling full and energized. They are also high in protein, a host of essential minerals (especially manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc), and B Vitamins (particularly thiamin, folate, and riboflavin). Oats are the only source of a group of antioxidants (avenanthramides) thought to benefit circulatory health.
To Cook: Add 1 cup oats to 2 cups of boiling water. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the desired consistency has been reached.
1. Add raisins, cranberries, or other dried fruits to the oats as they are cooking (about the last 3-5 minutes of cooking time). The fruits will plump and help to sweeten the cereal.
2. Sweeten with honey, maple syrup, or your favorite natural sweetener; finish with toasted nuts.
3. Mix things up by trying out different flavor combinations. Some suggestions: honey with chopped figs and mint; maple syrup with toasted pecans and dried apples.
4. Try a savory play on oatmeal by topping with bacon, chives, and a fried egg.
5. Substitute up to ½ cup rolled oats for flour in quick breads.
6. Replace up to ½ the flour in pancakes with rolled oats.
7. Use rolled oats instead of bread crumbs in casseroles or as toppings.
8. Make a delicious crumble topping for pies and fruit crisps.
9. Mix with dried fruits, nuts, and seeds for homemade granolas, mueslis, or trail mixes.
10. Use in vegetarian burgers, or add for substance to hamburgers, meatballs, or meatloaf.
11. Add to muffins, cookies, breads, or other baked goods.
40g or more of Whole Grains per serving
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
This product was packaged in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, and tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (Whole Grain Oat Groats, Steamed & Rolled)
Posted by Cat on 29th Dec 2012
Best simply soaked in warm water with raisins. Shiloh Farms organic oatmeal is easy, nutritious food - breakfast or anytime.
Posted by Unknown on 29th Nov 2012
The instructions for the oatmeal are not on the package - only the recipe for Oatmeal Cake, so I visited the website. Also, how many servings are provided for the website recipe?
Posted by Unknown on 29th Aug 2012
I am glad to be able to get affordable organic whole rolled oats in bulk. It arrived quickly and is packaged in brown paper, not plastic.
What can one say about oats? They are yummy. And good for you. And easy to cook (just add salt and milk and microwave-done in 2 and a half minutes)!
All prices are in USD