With their mellow, buttery flavor, SHILOH FARMS Hulled Sesame Seeds are a delicious and versatile ingredient that pairs well with poultry, fish, beans, and grains. Originally cultivated in India over 4,000 years ago, sesame is one of the earliest oilseed crops and is a common element of cuisines around the world.
Hulled sesame seeds are relatively soft compared to unhulled seeds and, because the outer skin has been removed, they are more easily digestible. However, once the seeds are hulled, they are more prone to rancidity, so extra care should be taken to store them in the refrigerator or freezer.
Unhulled vs. Hulled:
• Both unhulled and hulled sesame seeds are high in antioxidants, dietary fiber, and heart-healthy unsaturated fats.
• While both unhulled and hulled sesame seeds have roughly the same total fiber, unhulled seeds have more insoluble fiber.
• Significant sources of B Vitamins, hulled seeds are higher in niacin & folate, while unhulled seeds are higher in thiamine & B-6.
• Hulled sesame seeds are higher in Vitamin E
• Both varieties are excellent sources of zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, and manganese.
• Unhulled seeds are significantly higher than hulled in calcium & iron.
1. The natural flavor of sesame seeds in intensified by toasting; do so in a dry pan over low heat until fragrant.
2. Add sesame seeds into the batter the next time you make homemade bread, muffins, or cookies.
3. Use in place of chopped nuts to make candies and brittles.
4. Make homemade tahini by combining toasted sesame seeds and oil in a food processor (about 1 C. seeds to ¼ C. oil).
5. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over salads, stir-fries, and steamed vegetables.
6. Add to burgers, meatballs, or meatloaf.
Storage: For optimal shelf life, sesame seeds should be stored in a cool, dry place, such as the refrigerator or freezer.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Gluten Free Statement: This product is naturally gluten free and has been packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility. However, we do not test or certify this product at this time. If gluten free, please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles tree nuts.
Country of Origin: Bolivia or Mexico
Ingredients: Organic Hulled Sesame Seeds
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD