Dried Apple Pie
Yields 8-10 servings
2 C. unsweetened apple juice or water
2½ C. Shiloh Farms Organic Apple Rings, coarsely chopped
½ C. Shiloh Farms Organic Coconut Sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. Shiloh Farms Himalayan Pink Salt
1½ Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. butter
2 sheets pastry dough, rolled out to fit 9" pie pan
Optional: 1 egg, beaten
Optional: 1 Tbsp. Shiloh Farms Organic Coconut Sugar
1. Bring apple juice (or water) to boil over medium-high heat
2. In large bowl, combine chopped apples and hot juice (or water); allow apples to soak 2-3 hours, or until plumped
3. While apples are soaking, preheat oven to 350° and prepare bottom pie crust by fitting one pastry sheet into 9" pie pan; set aside until ready
4. Once apples are plumped, add sugar, spices, flour, and lemon juice; stir to combine
5. Pour apple mixture into bottom crust and dot top with butter
6. Cover with remaining pastry sheet, crimp edges and cut ventilation holes in top; if desired, brush top with egg and sprinkle with additional sugar
7. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until crust is golden
• Add ½ C. Shiloh Farms Organic Raisins or Shiloh Farms Organic Cranberries with sugar and spices.
• Add ½ C. chopped Shiloh Farms Organic Walnuts for a little crunch.
• Try soaking apples in organic apple cider for even more flavor.
• Substitute Shiloh Farms Organic Maple Sugar for the coconut sugar.
All prices are in USD