In contrast to refined sugar's sharp sweetness, SHILOH FARMS Date Sugar has a rounded and complex flavor featuring hints of caramel and butterscotch. In fact, this delicious alternative sweetener is not really a sugar at all. Rather, it is made from ground, dehydrated dates, meaning it retains not only flavor, but also all the vitamins, minerals, and fiber found in the whole fruit! Minimally processed and nutrient-rich, date sugar is metabolized more slowly than refined or concentrated sweeteners.
In baking, date sugar can be substituted cup-for-cup for white or brown sugar. However, please note that it does not melt or dissolve completely in liquids; therefore should not be used for beverages or desserts where a smooth, creamy consistency is desired.
1. Substitute 1:1 for refined sugar in your favorite baked goods and desserts.
2. Sprinkle over oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, or fruit for a quick & filling breakfast.
3. The flavor of date sugar mixes delightfully with cinnamon and other warming spices.
4. Sweeten jams, preserves, nut butters, or applesauce.
5. Date sugar pairs well with the mildly sweet nuttiness of grains, making it ideal for homemade whole grain breads.
6. Sprinkle over cookies or muffins right before putting them in the oven for a little extra sweet crunchiness.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Packaged as part of a wheat-free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Dried, Unsulphured, Ground Deglet Dates
Posted by Unknown on 19th Apr 2011
This NATURAL sweetener is a dream. Perfect for baking not too sweet desserts and having a delicious treat that is cane sugar free. Wonderful to sprinkle on toast, popcorn and cereals. This is a fantastic product for anyone watching sugar intake. Thanks Shiloh Farms.
All prices are in USD