With a complex, earthy sweetness highlighted by notes of caramel and honey, versatile SHILOH FARMS Coconut Sugar is the all-purpose, all-natural sweetener you've been looking for!
Similar in color and function to brown sugar, this delicious natural sweetener features many benefits you won't find in more-processed, refined sugars. Lower glycemic index than table sugar, coconut sugar retains many of the nutrients found in the coconut palm (from which it is derived), including iron, zinc, and potassium. Because of these unique qualities, it is widely considered a more wholesome alternative to white sugar, and is the perfect substitute for all of your cooking and baking needs!
Used throughout Southeast Asia for thousands of years, coconut sugar is minimally processed from the sap of the blossoms of the coconut palm tree (as opposed to its hard-shelled, white-fleshed fruit). A dietary staple in many cultures around the world, nearly 1/3 of the world's population depends on coconut to some degree for their food.
1. Substitute 1:1 for refined white or brown sugar in your favorite recipes. Coconut sugar works especially well in cookies, breads, cakes, and other baked goods and desserts.
2. Sprinkle over oatmeal, cereal, or yogurt.
3. Use in coffee, tea, or lemonade.
4. Sweeten jams, preserves, nut butters, or applesauce.
5. Toss sweet potatoes or butternut squash in a little coconut sugar before roasting for a delicious side dish.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a wheat-free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
Best if kept in a cool, dry place.
Country of Origin: Indonesia
Ingredient: Organic Coconut Sugar
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD