SHILOH FARMS Chia Bran is a bi-product of the cold pressing of chia seeds to produce chia oil. After the oil is pressed from the seed, the expellant is ground and packaged as chia bran.
Nature's richest vegetarian source of Omega-3 essential fatty acids and fiber, chia is a complete protein with high levels of 18 amino acids.
Nutritional Benefits of Chia Bran:
• 3x more Iron than spinach
• 15x more Magnesium than broccoli
• 6x more Calcium than milk
• 15x more Omega 3 Fatty Acids than salmon
• 4x more Protein than kidney beans
1. Add chia bran to just about anything for a nutritional boost: jams, jellies, smoothies, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, sauces, baked goods, etc.
2. Chia is exceptionally absorbant. When baking, use 30% less than the amount of flour you are substituting.
Gluten Free Statement: This product is naturally gluten free and has been packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility. However, we do not test or certify this product at this time. If gluten free, please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles tree nuts.
Country of Origin: Chile
Ingredients: Chia Bran
Posted by Theresa on 23rd Jan 2015
I made blueberry pancakes with this and they were very good. Well worth trying. So many possibilities.
Posted by Unknown on 15th Oct 2013
I use Chia Bran not only in my baking,but,also to my salads, and soups, yogurt and more. If adds extra fiber but also protein and healthy omega 3 fats. I make a healthy low carb bread that I add the Chia Bran to as well!
All prices are in USD