SHILOH FARMS Chia Bran is a bi-product of the cold pressing of the Chia Seed to produce Chia Oil. After the oil is pressed from the seed, the expellant is ground and packaged as Chia Bran.
BENEFITS OF CHIA:
1. It is Nature's Richest Vegetarian source of Omega-3 essential fatty acids and Nature's Richest source of Fiber.
2. Complete PROTEIN with high levels of 18 Amino Acids
3. Chia Bran has: 3 times more Iron than Spinach.
15 times more Magnesium than Broccoli.
6 times more Calcium than Milk.
15 times more Omega 3's than Salmon.
4 times more Protein than Kidney beans.
1. Add chia bran to jams, jellies, shakes, smoothies, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, ketchup, sauces, breads, cakes, etc.
2. When baking - use 30% less than regular flour.
Packed in a dedicated Gluten Free facility.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles tree nuts.
Country of Origin: Chile
Ingredients: Chia Bran.
Posted by Theresa on 23rd Jan 2015
I made blueberry pancakes with this and they were very good. Well worth trying. So many possibilities.
Posted by Unknown on 15th Oct 2013
I use Chia Bran not only in my baking,but,also to my salads, and soups, yogurt and more. If adds extra fiber but also protein and healthy omega 3 fats. I make a healthy low carb bread that I add the Chia Bran to as well!
All prices are in USD