Versatile, easy to prepare, and ready in minutes, SHILOH FARMS Organic Bulgur Wheat is a delicious whole grain addition to any meal! It's also wonderfully good-for-you, high in fiber, protein, and other vital nutrients.
Bulgur wheat is a key ingredient in Middle Eastern cuisine, but its mellow, nutty flavor and chewy texture are just as welcome in whole grain pilafs, stuffings, soups, stews, and salads. It can even be prepared as a filling, hearty breakfast cereal, sweetened and topped with toasted nuts and dried fruit.
Our bulgur is made from organic whole grain white wheat that is triple cleaned, parboiled, dried, and cracked to reduce cooking time.
To Cook: Sort and rinse. Add 1 part bulgur to 2 parts boiling water (or stock, juice, or milk), cover, and simmer for 15-25 minutes, or until grain is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
1. To heighten the nutty flavor of bulgur, toast it either with oil or toast dry in a skillet.
2. Use bulgur as a bed of grains in place of rice for vegetable stir-fries; add to stews, soups, or chili.
3. Bulgur pilafs of all kinds are possible. Try adding chopped dried fruits and nuts for crunch and a slight sweetness, or mix with mushrooms, scallions, and fresh herbs.
4. Cook bulgur in a small amount of liquid (milk or juice) to make a hot breakfast cereal. Top with chopped nuts or dried fruits and/or a sprinkling of cinnamon.
5. Use bulgur to stuff vegetables such as winter squashes, or as a stuffing for poultry.
40g or more of Whole Grain per serving
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
This product was packaged in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, and tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Parboiled, Dried, and Cracked Whole Grain Wheat Berries
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD