SHILOH FARMS Black Turtle Beans are small (about the size of a pea), oval, and jet black. They have cream colored flesh, a mild, sweet, earthy taste, and a soft texture, so they're often combined with assertive flavorings. Protein-rich, black beans are also a good source of fiber, B Vitamins, iron, zinc, phosphorus, complex carbohydrates, and calcium.
To Cook: Sort and rinse. Add 1 part beans to 2 parts water and soak overnight. Drain well, then cover beans with fresh water or stock (again at 1:2 ratio). Bring to a boil, reduce, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until soft.
*Cold soaked and cooked at a very gentle simmer, beans should retain most of their nutrients.
1. Black beans are a common ingredient in many Latin American dishes, such Mexican burritos and Cuban black bean soups.
2. Add black beans to salsas, salads, soups, and casseroles.
3. Make refried beans or bean dip to serve with chips and salsa.
4. Black beans are an excellent base for vegetarian burgers and chilis.
5. Mash black beans and add to brownies for a rich, gooey, healthier treat!
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
This product was packaged in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, and tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Black Turtle Beans
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD