With their nutty, buttery flavor and delicate, almost imperceptible crunch, SHILOH FARMS Black Sesame Seeds are a delicious and versatile ingredient for both sweet and savory dishes. An abundant source of vital nutrients (including manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, and Vitamin B1), these tiny seeds also provide healthy amounts of dietary fiber and monounsaturated fats.
Originally cultivated in India over 4,000 years ago, sesame is one of the earliest oilseed crops. Thousands of varietals exist in a host of different colors, including red, black, and white. Richer in flavor than lighter varieties, black sesame seeds are especially popular in Asian dishes.
1. Toast seeds to intensify their flavor.
2. Add sesame seeds into the batter the next time you make homemade bread, muffins, or cookies.
3. Use in place of chopped nuts to make candies and brittles.
4. Make homemade tahini by combining toasted sesame seeds and oil in a food processor (about 1 C. seeds to ¼ C. oil).
5. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over salads, stir-fries, and steamed vegetables.
6. Add to burgers, meatballs, or meatloaf.
7. Combine toasted seeds with rice vinegar, tamari, and crushed garlic for an asian-inspired dressing for salads, vegetables, and noodles.
Storage: To maximize shelf life, we recommend storing sesame seeds in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Gluten Free Statement: This product is naturally gluten free and has been packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility. However, we do not test or certify this product at this time. If gluten free, please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles tree nuts.
Country of Origin: Mexico
Ingredients: Organic Black Sesame Seeds
Posted by danielle on 20th Apr 2013
They are high in minerals, have a slightly nutty taste and are a great addition to quinoa and millet dishes and sprinkled on salads. Will purchase again.
All prices are in USD