SHILOH FARMS Black Mission Figs are named for the mission fathers who planted the fruit as they traveled north along the California coast. Famous for its distinctive flavor, the deep purple of the fresh fruit darkens to a rich black color as it dries, making this fig an aesthetic and gastronomic delight.
SHILOH FARMS Black Mission Figs are harvested in the late summer and early fall before being naturally sun-dried. Delectably sweet enough of their own accord, they have no sugar added and contain no cholesterol. Among the most fiber-rich fruits, figs have a robust nutritional profile, providing significant amounts of calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, and Vitamin B6.
1. Excellent as a snack for any age.
2. Chopped figs are delicious in baked goods, muffins, and quickbreads.
3. Chop figs & stew in fruit juice; then add to your favorite hot or cold cereals, fruit compote, or yogurt.
4. Dice and add to your favorite fruit salads.
5. Add to your grain pilafs.
6. Combine with sauteed sweet vegetables such as carrots, winter squashes, or sweet potatoes.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Gluten Free Statement: This product is naturally gluten free and has been packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility. However, we do not test or certify this product at this time. If gluten free, please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Unsulphured Sundried Black Mission Figs
Posted by Roxy on 23rd Nov 2012
All prices are in USD