Naturally sweet, aromatic, and delightfully chewy, SHILOH FARMS Apple Rings are a delicious and nutritious treat! A great low-calorie source of both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, dried apples also provide generous amounts of iron, potassium, and Vitamin C. Grab a handful for a healthy snack, or chop them up and add to dishes both sweet (like breads, granolas, and cookies) and savory (pilafs, roasted vegetables, even soups!)
To Rehydrate: Simmer fruit in small amount of water or fruit juice approximately 15 minutes, or until tender. Alternately, soak in water or fruit juice in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
1. For a hearty breakfast, stir diced apple rings into yogurt or cottage cheese, then top with wheat germ.
2. Combine with cooked fluffy grains, such as quinoa, brown rice, or couscous and add nuts for a fruit & nut pilaf.
3. Mix with roasted butternut squash or sweet potatoes.
4. Add chopped apples to muffins, breads, and other baked goods.
5. Mix with a combination of seeds, nuts, coconut, and other dried fruits for an energy boosting trail mix or muesli.
6. Braise with red cabbage and onions for a tangy-sweet side dish that pairs especially well with pork.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Gluten Free Statement: This product is naturally gluten free and has been packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility. However, we do not test or certify this product at this time. If gluten free, please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles tree nuts.
Country of Origin: Uzbekistan
Ingredients: Organic Unsulphured Apple Rings
Posted by Darla Desautel on 25th Feb 2013
I have been eating dried fruit of all kinds for 25+ years... this fruit is absolutely the best I've found and that's why I order it online and pay shipping just to keep this product available. It's the perfect freshness and texture and taste.
All prices are in USD